Insulation for Party (Separating) Walls

U-value Calculator
Start your U-value calculation >
Use the calculator

The party (separating) walls in a semi-detached or terraced dwelling are an important part of the dwelling’s overall design, and since there are a variety of different ways to construct these walls – whether masonry cavity, timber-framed or steel framed – depending on how the external walls are being constructed it should come as no surprise that potentially there are different ways to insulate them.

Party (separating) walls make a vital contribution to the thermal & acoustic performance of the dwelling, depending on where the dwelling is being constructed & the exact performance requirements dictated by Building Regulations it may be that one particular party (separating) wall construction is preferred – and this in turn this may mean that one particular type of insulation would be the preferred choice for these walls.

Isover manufactures and supplies glass mineral wool slabs and rolls that can be considered suitable for use within a wide range of masonry cavity party (separating) walls, timber-framed party (separating) walls & steel-framed party (separating) walls.

Key Considerations

When using Isover products, you need to satisfy yourself that use of the product meets all relevant national Building Regulations and guidance as well as local, national and other applicable standards relevant for your construction or application, including requirements in relation to fire and applicable height restrictions. In addition to the product datasheet, please refer to the following product documents: